Whoopi Goldberg becomes a new addition to a list of celebrities who releases their own fashion line, with the 63-year-old award-winning actress’ “Dubgee” spanning from various sizes up to 3X, ready-to-wear clothings, and a focus on contemporary design and comfort.
Goldberg has been teasing her clothing line on Instagram and her TV show The View the past few weeks. Her clothes will be on retail at Amazon, Le Tote, Neiman Marcus, and Ashley Stewart.
“This is as serious to me as anything else I’ve done in my life,” shared Goldberg. “The first thing you should communicate is, ‘I like me.’ I think the motto of the company is, ‘The last thing you should ever fret about is what’s in your closet.'”
“Dubgee” has already made its way to Instagram, with some designs available for viewing. Goldberg quotes in the page’s bio: “DUBGEE has no race, creed, age or size. It’s meant to make you feel good about how you look and feel.”
Other celebrities who recently joined the clothing industry are Rihanna with her luxury fashion brand LVMH, and Beyonce who is relaunching her Ivy Park brand in collaboration with Adidas. Earlier this month, Dolly Parton signed a multi-year deal with IMG to develop her own lifestyle line.
Story from AFP.
Check out our other fashion-related pieces below:
- Celebrity veterans like Celine Dion, Donatella Versace grace Met Gala 2019 “pink carpet”
- Taking a glimpse at some of the best looks ever from the Met Gala
- Vintage drawings by Karl Lagerfeld to go on auction
- GUESS to release vintage pieces this April in #GUESSVintage
- 73 and stylish, Diane Keaton is the fashion guru we aspire to be